Ella Brooke is BLOOMING...and Carter is too!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support! Trust in the Lord...







Friday, April 2, 2010

Last day at the NICU




Today was great! We saw so many wonderful people and were able to say a proper good-bye to them.

Becky and Denise were my caring nurses while I was sick. They went above and beyond for me. They were both able to be with me in the delivery room. They continued to check-on us during Ella's stay. They both touched my life forever.

I saw and said good-bye to Dr. Lu. He was the doctor I was sent to in December from Shawnee Mission Medical Center to him at St. Luke's to perform the surgery. I truly believe because of him, Ella was able to stay inside of me and develop a few more days...which I realize now were crucial days. God Bless him!

Alisha and Sandy were two of our amazing nurses and they were both working today. They were able to discharge us and hold Ella one last time. Kim,(who was off today-but we said good-bye on Wednesday)Sandy and Alisha have been Ella's primary nurses. They have taken such great care of Ella and taught us so much. I would not have made it through the long days and nights without talking to them and them guiding us. Ella and I had so much fun with them...it was bitter sweet leaving them. Tears were shed...and we were off!

Sandy was Ella's first nurse the day she was born and her last nurse today. She got to pull her in the red wagon leaving the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment