Ella Brooke is BLOOMING...and Carter is too!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support! Trust in the Lord...







Wednesday, July 7, 2010

6 months old

I can't believe our baby girl is 6 months old today. How much has happened in the last 6 months...She is a true blessing!

Thursday, Jan. 7th, 2010--I remember (after 11 previous days in the hospital-with no shower and barely ever out of bed) getting up to go to the restroom and knowing my water broke. The nurse did not believe me, but I assured her it had. I remember it being about 5:30 am and Sally (the nurse) telling me the doctor would be in about 7am. To me, 7:00 seemed so long...but I made it and the C-Section was scheduled for 9am. I was put completely under and Ryan was not allowed in the room, because they were not sure how long it would take to "find" Ella, nor where she was exactly in my belly region. However, the doctor and nurses told me that right when Dr. Wickstrom made the incision, Ella rose out of me. What a miracle!!

Ella was so small, but so beautiful. She had my "rosebud" lips as my dad calls them. She was born with a little redish hair and no eyelashes. We were amazed at how tiny her hands and feet were. They nurses encouraged us right away to "hold" her by placing our hands on her while she was in the incubator.

Miss Ella, you are beautiful and we cannot imagine our life without you! Your smile warms our heart and we love hearing your coos and giggles. You are a good baby, except for the late evenings or when
 you are hungry. You are doing so great health-wise. We are so proud of our tiny fighter!

You have the biggest, brightest, beautiful blue eyes. You still have tiny feet and hate having socks or shoes on. I love your small birth mark on your chest area. You make silly grunt noises when you are pooping...that make us laugh. You love standing on daddy's lap and looking into his eyes-it makes you smile every time. You love hearing our voices. We love watching Carter and you interact, and know you will grow up to be great friends. We love you! Happy 1/2 year big girl!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing Ella for the first time was so amazing for us! She is even more beautiful and special in person, and such a sweet baby girl! Had so much fun with you all! xx00

    ReplyDelete